Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In Glorious High Def

With the acquisition of a sweet flat screen capable of high definition, my trumpeting of the new wave of technological wonder has led to the inevitable line of conversation with friends ending in an increduluous, "you DON'T have CABLE?!"

Ranting about the cable company's evil empire is a post in of itself. I WILL however discuss the readily available and FREE over the air digital HD signals. After thoroughly ignoring the manual and twiddling with the remote, I was able to store all manner of basic network signals using my $14 radioshack bunny ears.

Wow. Wow. Granted I only get NBC and Univision clearly, with occasional bursts of Fox and CBS (depending on the direction and strength of the wind that night). But wow.

Let's put it this way. While sucking down a protein shake after hitting the gym, I switched on said TV. Field hockey Olympic qualifiers were nice. But not HD. Switch to NBC-HD. And Nashville Star was on. I am not a fan of country. Nope.

And yet I couldn't change the channel.

HD baby. Jewel was on the show. In glorious HD. Bonus. Finally switched to CBS to catch CSI-Miami. Yeah, there are some hotties on that show. In glorious HD.

In glorious HD we trust. -H

1 comment:

ali+heron said...

In fact, some of the incredulous persons were my parents. Shook their heads sadly at how we weren't living up to our full potential... -A